Friday 25 April 2014

usd/mxn

Here is a pair I rarely trade and its one of the few pairs with some movement lately, the markets over all are not in a good mood and of course it is also holiday time for some. We trade what we see and know to wait for good setups and not force trades.

Without further fan fare lets get stuck in and look at the ten mile high view on the weekly chart.

I drew a black line at a steep angle upwards, and no, Doc has not lost his mind and using trend lines or other voodoo or witch craft. That is for others who believe in a moving indicator rather than focusing on price which is what causes their magick to move in the first place. Anyways, I digress.

I also drew in an grey box to help show you the origin. Let it not be said I never state the obvious, but unless you are shown this, it could well evade your logical thought process. We hit the origin and price is now winding upward, but it is early days on this time frame.

Weekly Chart.



Daily chart.

The left most black line shows the nice move up clearly showing pro bulls in full control and on a mission for profit. Take note of the steepness of the line and compare it to the right most black line, price clearly had little interest in lower price.....think..bears are not interested and so we drift down until we hit the bullish origin and you can judge the reaction for yourself and who is in control. Getting the principle across is more important than the entries for the moment.




4hr chart.


I spy with my little eye, a resistance area hit today and an ideal place for profit taking and positioning. The second last candle is interesting, the profit taking appears to have been bought into and could be a sign of long orders.....but of course we must wait to see if this is so. It is end of day and end of week and a pull back on Sunday evening for those living in EU/US is likely and London will show us the way on Monday. Would be nice to see a decent move given the quiet time of late......hmm I wonder is it a holiday in London next Monday?





1hr chart.


This chart is here just to show a closer view of price action. The green line is the resistance area and the x candle is target and the certain sell off. Do you see the strong buy back on the arrowed candle?

Price was held up for a few hours and we need to keep in mind the traders intentions and if we get hints on what position is favored. Any pull back has room to allow price unwind down and I can see two clear areas where buyers came in before.



Other things to look out for, more bearish activity in Oil, Gold may be settling into a range and GBP/JPY has reached the top of an old decision from 2008 with very tight choppy range play. That will need resolving and there are good short term targets on either side of price if we get a clean break/pull back and continuation.


8 comments:

  1. Hey there Doc, thanks for the great posts. I've been going through your old posts lately and so many light bulbs have been going off as a result. Thanks for your analysis and for lending your insight. Honestly, a few words from you on these matters really speaks volumes (and dollar$). All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question if I may and it might make for an interesting post. What was your evolution as a trader? I assume that you went through a lot of the struggles many go through, but you must have had a few lightbulb moments yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some exposure into the finance scene and some of the tasks asked of me lead to taking some time to examine the make up of many indicators. I looked for the relationship between their plotted data and price itself. Looking deeper into price with history being the only measurable available, it did show something that could show promise of future areas to watch out for.

    All these were conducted on all time frames and over many years of data. Taking these into the live market was difficult. When the live view is taken and you have money on the line, there are emotions clouding what was shown as good judgement. And so it takes a strong mind to look for what you have seen in the past and wait for it to either prove your analysis is correct, or if it will fail in these areas identified before price gets back to them.

    The more time you put in, the less you learn which is no different to many other provable and repeatable tasks. I dont do as much analysis as I once did because I have learned to get a mental picture of where I will be interested in looking much closer and until I see that, I stay out.

    That is about as concise as I can put it and not write a book on the subject.

    When light bulb moments happen, it is good.


    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really interesting way to develop your understanding. So often in life it's only possible to really make progress when you put down the books and the lessons and develop your own mental landscape. While I definitely would read any book you wrote, I think price itself can be a very good teacher, provided you can open your eyes and ears to receive its lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc, just wanted to say a many thanks to you sir! when I first joined rtm I admit it was very hard to grasp what you were trying to get across. I always over anlysed but now I can see. still need tons of improvement but making progress. sometimes it seems to simple and I just think there has to be more to it but when this happens trades don't work out so well and I am reminded once again the simplicity. chart time chart time chart time. life time fan of you sir. many thanks

    joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gets easier to figure out most of this when you take little bites at a time, then add to it as the logic works itself out in your brain. I have not posted much over the past few weeks, only because the markets have been not very active and I turned my attention to a charity I put some time/funds into. I dont want to post here just for the sake of having some fluff or padding.

    You are welcome to take what ever you can from the posts and if it helps you in any small way, then thats great news.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew Kratke,


    If you want to put anything commercial or url's on this page you ask me politely before doing so. Putting your request on the page with links to your business is already advertising and I will have no part in that.

    This blog is for education for anyone who seeks out and at no cost. Your advertising offers no value to them.

    ReplyDelete